Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Maximum TEN O'clock

Maximum TEN O'clock is the name my 10-person a capella group has chosen.

The boys:
Randy
Dendy
Fahmi
Ichsan
Ayyub
Rasyid

The girls:
Bunga
Nanas
Ayien
Fara

Two weeks ago, they performed our two songs, "1, 2, 3, 4" and "Stand By Me" for the whole school in the cafeteria over lunch. The culture here is less formal and more clap-when-you-feel-good, so when they clapped in the middle of our set I knew we were not being ushered offstage. I think the students and other teachers really enjoyed the performance - I know the students felt a sense of accomplishment. They definitely stepped up to the plate. Despite nerves, they put forward their strongest performances of the songs yet.

If you want to check out the group, I posted a video of Stand By Me on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq3oVcQvVX0

No comments:

Post a Comment