Friday, December 25, 2009

Last Days of Semester I at DW!


The first semester at Dwi Warna ended with a whirlwind of tests, sports, games, and final performances. Weeks of testing left the students strapped to their books, and left me with little to do. I spent most of my time arranging and rehearsing with Maximum Ten o'Clock for our final performance of the semester. We learned a new song, a cappella classic "In the Jungle." On the fateful day, students gathered at the basketball court where a large stage had been erected (see above). The morning was christened with performances by bands, "DW Idol" contestants, and Maximum Ten o'Clock. We sang "In the Jungle" and "Stand By Me." As usual, they did great. Later, I played guitar for Ayyub's entry in the DW Idol competition. He sang Michael Buble's "Home," and took first prize for the boys. It was a fun day to end the semester, and as I departed for holiday travel, I realized how much I am going to miss this school when I leave for the last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment